Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Oh, what a year it has been! I have so little time to blog these days, and I'm not sure I'll get another chance before the New Year, so I'm going to take a moment here to just say my "Merry Christmas"es and "Happy New Year"s, as well as reflect on what this year has meant to me.

We have seen God's faithfulness so clearly this year and have, after so much waiting, received so many answers to prayer.  In March, we not only met and brought home our precious Levi, but we also (two days before bringing Levi home and only one day before finding out we'd be bringing Levi home) got the positive pregnancy test that indicated we'd be new parents not once but twice this calendar year.

We successfully moved halfway across the country with our two small boys and me pregnant to a home that has turned out to be a very good fit for us and such a blessing, despite the fact that we hadn't seen it in person before we moved here.  We are in a neighborhood we like, particularly because it is so close to work for Daniel.  We have been welcomed by a new church family and were well taken care of by them when Caroline was born last month. 

Daniel finally got the "yes" he's been waiting for (Oh, who am I kidding!?  We've ALL been waiting for that "yes"!), when he was selected to be a Warrant Officer for the Army Band. 

We still have many unknowns ahead.  Will Daniel be going to WOC school this year?  If so, where will we be stationed when he's finished?  If not, when will he deploy?  How will we survive Caroline's first year and Levi's second (particularly with the potential to have much of it without Daniel around)?

Despite the unknowns, though, for the first time in three years of Christmases, I am very content.  Our family is finally complete and we have been protected and provided for the whole (sometimes messy) way.  I look forward to 2013, knowing that God is in control and that, come what may, He will continue to provide everything we need.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Be blessed, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment