Friday, May 4, 2012

This morning...

This morning...

...I'm two days shy of 11 weeks pregnant.
...I'm in the days of my first trimester that are starting to get better, little by little, but I'm not quite myself yet.
...I'm drinking coffee.  I haven't really felt up to that much in the last three months, but it's starting to appeal again.
...I'm thankful it is Friday and we can look forward to dinner with friends tonight, having Daniel home for the weekend, and a short visit Sunday afternoon/evening through Tuesday AM with a friend from college.
...I'm wondering where the sun is.  It's supposed to be a hot and sunny day here, but right now it's just cloudy and humid.  Ick.
...I'm thankfully remembering the good week we had with my Dad and the weekend with my Mom.  Dad and Lucas had a grand time playing together and Mom was here to come to (strategically planned) Levi's baby shower at church AND my first OB appointment/ultrasound for Baby 3.  SO cool to see the baby on ultrasound!  He/she is still so small (about 3cm), but fingers are formed and watching the baby move was miraculous.  I saw it alone the first time with Lucas, so it was amazing (and a little bit crazy) to be able to bring Daniel, Mom, Lucas and Levi (asleep in the stroller) into the examining room for the ultrasound.  (Side note:  Lucas was ALMOST as excited about the ultrasound as the game he was playing on the iPod.  He did look up a few times to see the baby.)
...I'm trying to decide how to spend my day.  I really have to work on thank you notes from the meals we got when we first brought Levi home and now for the shower gifts (I know it's been several weeks, and I feel badly that I totally dropped the ball, but there have been several weeks recently where, in between caring for the two boys and myself, I haven't had much energy at all and I certainly haven't been able to muster the energy to sit at the table and write out thank yous.  But I need to get on that.)  I also managed to do laundry yesterday, but now things need to be folded and put away.  Clean is crucial, of course, but folded and put away is secondary.  It is nice to have everything where it belongs, though.  But we didn't leave the house yesterday, and I'd kind of like to get out.  Even if just for a run to Target or the bank.  We'll see.
...I'm excitedly anticipating Levi's baptism at the end of the month, especially because my sweet Gram has decided to come for the weekend!  I can't wait to see her again and to introduce her to our Levi.
...I'm feeling all sorts of mixed emotions about our move.  It's at the end of next month already!  Part of me wants to just get out there and get settled.  Part of me still wants to deny that it will actually have to happen that we leave and say goodbye to the life we built here.  I know we'll keep in touch with the friends we've made here, and I know we'll always have a "home" at our church, but it won't be the same again, either. 
...I'm needed by a crying baby boy!  That's all the blogging I get to do this morning!  *grin*



2 comments:

  1. Praising God for all these things...even the cloudy, humid weather. We get air conditioned homes, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I could drink coffee again at week 14, I knew things were looking up. Hang in there! I hope I get to see you one more time before you move. :-)

    ReplyDelete