Monday, April 9, 2012

A quiet day (aka the rest of our news)

Easter was a very quiet day for us this year.  We did manage to make it to church, but on our way home we stopped for a Subway sandwich for Lucas and me, and Daniel ate leftovers when we got home.  Easter is so important to me and I really wish we could have made this year the celebration it should have been, but, well, it hasn't been so easy to keep up my energy these last few weeks.

Next year, though, Easter should look very different.  We'll be in Colorado, for one, hopefully (please, Lord!) loving our new church and celebrating with new friends.  But more than that, next year for Easter, Lord willing, we'll have a four year old, a 14 month old....and a five month old. 

Yep, that's right.  I'm pregnant!  Seven weeks along now.  The craziest part is that we found out about the pregnancy THE DAY BEFORE we got the call about Levi.  So, as you can imagine, that only exponentially added to the whirlwind of the emotions we felt at that point, and it's continued to add a very, uh, interesting dynamic to raising a new baby. 

Levi and Baby 3 will be 9 months apart, almost to the day.  Well, I guess, it could be exactly to the day, depending on when Baby 3 actually arrives.  Levi was born on 2/28 and my due date for #3 is 11/25.  That has certainly been a very big part of why this transition has been...emotionally taxing for me.  *grin*

We are so thankful to have Levi home, and we wouldn't do anything differently.  I want to make sure I say that perfectly clearly.  Even with that truth, though, it doesn't change the fact that I'm in my first trimester and feeling kind of icky and very exhausted. I'm a little bit sad that I'm not able to enjoy these first few weeks with Levi as much as I'd hoped just because of how I'm feeling.  But I'm still trying to cherish the little things (including the smiles we are starting to see!!) and to remind myself that this will all pass.  (Hopefully VERY quickly.)

So, there you go!  I have more to write about, but, I also have a crying baby to tend to!




10 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE!!! Praise God, who knows just what you need when you need it. . . .we are so excited for you, and for ALL these little ones who were planned for your keeping from the foundations of the world.

    May Jesus Christ be praised!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..."Irish Twins" and a big move all in the same year! You need many prayers, for sure! Looking back, you'll be amazed at God's provision and care through it all. Just take it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is crazy! God sure does some crazy amazing things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! The 24th of November is an excellent birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this news! The Lord is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! How exciting! Congratulations! God had big things planned for this year, all right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly awesome news!!! So super happy for y'all!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally got goosebumps all over when I read this. AMAZING! You are surely blessed and what an exciting year this will be. We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa!!!!! First of all, yay!!!!! Congrats!!!! This is such joyful news!!! Second of all, I remember all too well those first trimester days being a pregnant mommy of 2 little ones. Correction: I don't really remember those days, because they are a haze of exhaustion in my memory!! You are right in saying that it will pass, and it will be SO worth it. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!! I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete