God is faithfully bringing us through this month. December has been hard, but it's also been good. I won't say that it has been easy - in fact, many days have been harder than most I've lived through in my life up until now. There's a sense of urgency and desperation starting to creep in - I so desperately want to bring our baby home to THIS place, where we aren't new right now, where we have friends to help us through all the transition of bringing home another child, where so many friends have daily walked this road with us and ached to hold and love the child we will someday welcome into our family. BUT, God provides encouragement and strength when I feel like I can't go on any more or do any more days like I've just been through. I cry out to God, "I can't do today again, Lord! Give me more of you or more news or more of
something, but please don't let tomorrow feel like
this."
And He is faithful. Every. single. time. Sometimes as immediately as the next time I check my email or phone with a message from a friend, and sometimes a little longer than that, but never much more than a few hours.
I'm looking forward to Christmas, to sharing our home with family, to watching Lucas see his new train set for the first time, to just relaxing and enjoying this season. We were so hoping that we'd be a family of four by now...that we wouldn't see the year turn for a third time since starting this process.
But that doesn't change the fact that it is Christmas. And we have many blessings, not the least of which is our precious family of three, just as it is. We're ready for you, Baby 2, and pray you come home soon every single time we pray together, but until you join us, we'll be making memories and keeping our home warm and ready and full of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment