Tuesday, October 8, 2013

One day at a time

We are making it through Daniel's second trip away, one day at a time.  I have been busy keeping up with the kids and laundry and dishes and the general mess of life with three little kids, along with keeping up with my first class. 

I'm loving school.  I have begun the Kinesiology Associate degree program from Central Texas College, the local community college to Ft. Hood.  I'm taking Intro to Fitness and Sport this semester and loving it!  Every time I pull out my textbook to read, or answer one of our online discussion questions, I am affirmed again that, indeed, I have finally found "what I want to be when I grow up."  That's a good feeling.  My ultimate plan is to transfer this Associates degree to the University of Florida's online Bachelor program for Applied Physiology & Kinesiology, and Daniel has already transferred the rest of his GI Bill funding to me, so I'm all set to do the classes and, essentially, have the government pay for it (if they ever get up and running again...)  My career goal is to become a personal trainer.  One of the courses I'll take for the Associates program is directly set up with one of the certifying organizations for personal trainers, so when I graduate with the AS, I'll also be (theoretically) ready to sit for my exam and get my certification!  I'm excited for that, but I also think that learning as much as I can about the field and continuing to take classes will qualify me that much more, give me more confidence, and be overall better for me and my prospective clients.

Aside from that, of course, I am busy holding down the fort (currently with a little...er...at lot...of help from my dad!), and watching my kids grow up in front of me.  I don't have much more time to write today, but we are doing well, having fun, and missing Daniel at the same time.  I will leave you with some new pictures of my three precious ones and will hope to be back soon!

Levi loves yogurt and loves to feed himself.

Sweet boy, on the move.

Sweet girl, growing up too fast.

Love. that. face.

Love that face, too.

Babies exploring together.

"Only one picture, Mama."

Caroline was crying, so precious Levi offered her some snuggles.

Put all the little people in....

...and THROW them out!  So fun!



1 comment:

  1. Ohh my gosh...what has happened to your children?! They look so grown up. You tell them to stop getting so big. This is just craziness. :) PS So HAPPY for you as you start your new adventure in schooling. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete