- Sweet Caroline is two months old today! Last Friday, at her eight week check up, she was a healthy 11 pounds and 1 ounce, and close to 22 inches. This week, as I've been changing her diapers and carrying her around, I've noticed a perfectly adorable layer of baby fat is starting to make her more soft and cuddly and less newborn-gangly. I love it! (I'm also noticing nice little rolls starting to form at her wrists and her thighs are getting nice and chubby.) She's also getting better at head control and I'm thankful for that milestone, as well.
- I finally had my postpartum appointment yesterday and got the all-clear to start exercising again! I was told to start with more walking than running because ligaments and joints are still loose, but I'm so ready and anxious to get back to it! Bit by bit, I'll get there.
- Levi's first top tooth is finally through his gums and his second (and third and fourth) will be out soon, hopefully.
- Lucas and I have nice conversations on the way home from preschool, where he likes to tell me all about his day. I ask him questions about things, like who was the Special Helper and what snack they ate and what letter they practiced. Today, after a particularly in depth description of his day, he said, "So...what did you do with the babies today?" I love that his verbal skills are developing to this level, but also that his emotional/empathetic development is where it is. He makes me chuckle and touches my heart at the same time when he comes up with things like that.
- The WOC board is meeting this week. The list of who is going to WOC school could be out as early as next week, but should most definitely be out by the end of the month. We're ready to know if Daniel will be selected, but, even if he is, it may still be a bit of time before we know about when he'd go to school and where our next assignment would be. We are getting to be waiting experts, I think!
- My brother and sister-in-law are visiting this week and we love having them here. Yesterday and today they took advantage of the Rockies being so close and are doing some skiing, but our visiting has been so nice and they seem to really have fun with their nephews and niece. It's been a year since I've seen them - before we knew about either Levi or Caroline - so they've enjoyed meeting the babies, too.
- Caroline is crying and I have to go. *grin*
No comments:
Post a Comment